1. Build a Fire – check. I can do this.
2. Operate a Computer – check.
3. Use Google Effectively – check.
4. Perform CPR and the Heimlich Maneuver – I have a rough idea, but no check.
5. Drive a Manual Transmission Vehicle – epic FAIL. My mom tried to teach me once and it ended in tears and swearing me to secrecy that I ever tried to drive my dad's car.
6. Do Basic Cooking – I own this. Basic cooking is my thang.
7. Tell a Story that Captivates People’s Attention – I can totally do it for little kids, does that count?
8. Win or Avoid a Fistfight – I'll say avoid.
9. Deliver Bad News – If I can write it, I can do it gracefully. If I have to speak it, I usually fumble.
10. Change a Tire – If put to the test, I bet I could. But I'm not giving you directions on it now.
11. Handle a Job Interview – I was once told that I interview well, so I'm confident with this one.
12. Manage Time – I *can* do this. I just choose not to most of the time. ;)
13. Speed Read – I'm told I'm a fast reader, but I don't think I can do it like that guy on Criminal Minds who turns a page every 2 seconds or so...
14. Remember Names – Elementary teacher skill, dear Watson.
15. Relocate Living Spaces – Living with the husband that I do, it is simple to move. His family has it down to a science, and my job is to unpack boxes and clean. Perfection!
16. Travel Light – Okay, I'll admit it. Husband and I pack like princesses.
17. Handle the Police – I've never had to very much, but I do know the first answer is to be polite and tell the utter truth.
18. Give Driving Directions – I have to do this to tell anyone to get to my house, as it is weirdly situated.
19. Perform Basic First Aid – I should brush up on this.
20. Swim – Swimming lessons since I was 10 months old until I was a teen.
21. Parallel Park – I can do it, but like most drivers, I tend to avoid it unless I have to.
22. Recognize Personal Alcohol Limits – I have yet to barf from drinking. And I never will. *pride*
23. Select Good Produce – Go to Wegman's. The end.
24. Handle a Hammer, Axe or Handsaw – I can do all but the axe.
25. Make a Simple Budget – Our budget is incredibly simple: don't buy what you don't have money for.
26. Speak at Least Two Common Languages – English? yes. Francais? oui.
27. Do Push-Ups and Sit-Ups Properly – *rolls on the floor laughing*
28. Give a Compliment – Have I mentioned how beautiful your uvula is lately? No? Oh, well that's because that would be an improper compliment.
29. Negotiate – I tell you what: I'll bake you brownies if you do this for me. Oh, wait, that's bribery.
30. Listen Carefully to Others – This is a skill that everyone who has met me says I need to work on.
31. Recite Basic Geography – Another area for improvement. I can only use the "I'm new to the area" excuse for so long...
32. Paint a Room – Can do. But hate.
33. Make a Short, Informative Public Speech – I liken this to presenting a new concept while teaching. So I can do it.
34. Smile for the Camera – This is difficult for me. I have to recite to myself, "think of something happy, look into the camera lens, and let yourself REALLY smile."
35. Flirt Without Looking Ridiculous – For me, this should be changed to "do ANYTHING without looking ridiculous."
36. Take Useful Notes – check.
37. Be a Respectful House Guest – check.
38. Make a Good First Impression – I have no idea whether I do this or not, but I'll say yes because I'm told I interview well.
39. Navigate with a Map and Compass – As long as you let me turn the map to orient it in the direction I'm going, I am totally fine with this concept.
40. Sew a Button onto Clothing – My great-grandma would roll over in her grave if I couldn't do this. Check.
41. Hook Up a Basic Home Theater System – I have not done it myself unless you count the system being simply a TV and a DVD player.
42. Type – Does 56 wpm count?
43. Protect Personal Identity Information – I am a victim of identity theft. I have finally picked up all the pieces, but I know one thing: you're sunk if anyone knows your SSN.
44. Implement Basic Computer Security Best Practices – check. Please don't test me on this.
45. Detect a Lie – Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. And sometimes I get a false positive.
46. End a Date Politely Without Making Promises – I'm married, so I proclaim this one obsolete.
47. Remove a Stain – hairspray works GREAT on ink. Zout is my method of choice for everything else.
48. Keep a Clean House – I'm still learning but it's getting there. It's just SO much work!
49. Hold a Baby – check.
50. Jump Start a Car – This needs a refresher course.