- 2 quarts chicken stock (not broth)
- olive oil (enough to coat bottom of pan)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, diced (I tend to use extra)
- 1 can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 pound frozen spinach
- 2 to 3 large, cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (or the right chicken equivalent)
- 1 pound (approx) fresh cheese tortellini
- salt and pepper to taste
First, saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil until the onions are translucent. This smells phenomenal.
Add your 2 quarts chicken stock, chicken, diced tomatoes, and spinach. Cook about a half hour on medium to medium-low heat.
About 15 minutes before serving, add the tortellini and let them heat through.
Add salt and pepper to taste. I use seasoned salt and a lot of pepper.
Eat this delicious substance: