Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dogs: UPDATE

Thanks to blogger ScottRiggi for showing me the newspaper story in the Albany Times Union about the condition and situation regarding the dogs at Southside Kennels.  I am heartened to know that the SPCA is still working on the case but saddened to know that it will take quite a bit of time to resolve this and that Mr. Popolizio (owner of Southside Kennels) seems not to be repentant or concerned about the condition of his dogs at all; he instead seems to be more concerned that this is a business venture, not a situation dealing with living beings.

At this time, I think it is best to share the Albany Times Union story with anyone who is concerned, but to also refer them to the Susquehanna SPCA to read their statement about the situation and encourage them to make donations and possibly offer to foster potential dogs.  I'm afraid that the initial postings on facebook got a bit out of hand and the truth was stretched; I do believe the newspaper that the dogs were underweight, but that may have been stretched to "emaciated."  It would not surprise me to hear about poor shelter conditions either.  But at this point, I think it is best to be temperate, donate what you can, and offer to help where you can instead of spreading facts that cannot be substantiated other than by word of mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment